Monday, February 10, 2014

Simply Stated #week4kindness

It's probably no coincidence that Random Act of Kindness week happens in February, a month known for candy hearts, chocolates and Valentine's Day. I wonder though what if it was more than just a day to tell someone you love them, but an everyday occurrence of appreciation of those around us.

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the ultimate act of kindness that I could share with those around me. Paying it forward at Starbucks, baking cookies for the town fire fighters or giving out gifts cards to the homeless--all good things, but I was seeking something with a lasting significance. Ironically, I found the ultimate act at the grocery store in the middle of the check-out line the clerk turns to me and instead of saying "have a nice day" or "thank you" she just said, "God Bless You." It was so simple, yet it spoke volumes. In the midst of my hustle and bustle of grocery shopping and reigning in a wandering 2-year-old this woman blessed me with her words. Her kindness was free and beyond measure. My spirits were lifted, and what had started as a mom frazzled day turned into one smiles and sunshine.

You don't have to spend a lot of money or bake lots of food to be kind. Kindness comes from within. May your week of Random of Acts of Kindness be a kick-off for a year of kind words, thoughts and deeds.









Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At February 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

What a simple way to show kindness and you're right, hearing "God Bless You" has so much more impact than a "thank you" or "have a nice day". What a great linky and you've got me thinking how I can incorporate more RAK's in our days. Thanks for linking up your post with my Small Victories Sunday linkup!

 
At February 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, Tanya. Blog link ups are great for finding like minded bloggers and learning mad bog skills. :)

 
At February 16, 2014 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

you're welcome, I've tweeted and shared on my G+ and Small Victories Sunday Awesomeness Pinterest board!

 
At February 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Hello! Visiting from Moms Small Victories. I love this post and the reminder that it does not take a lot of money to be kind. I think we so easily lose sight of being kind to one another these days!

I'm liking your Facebook page from my personal account and following your other social media as well. Looking forward to connecting!

Jessica
www.daftlydomestic.com

 
At February 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Tanya!

 
At February 17, 2014 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Jessica. It's always a good reminder that kindness is free. I think our words and actions go a lot farther than physical gifts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home